Pages

How To Draw Realistic Faces For Beginners

How To Draw Realistic Faces For Beginners: 

I've been drawing ever since I was a kid. It has been my passion all this time. Whenever I get bored, I get a magazine of my sister, select a famous celebrity to draw and boom my favorite session starts, drawing faces. As an artist I would say, nothing is more self satisfying than to see your work slowly coming to fruition. From the eyes of her face to the details of her nose, the shadows of her lips and every little strands of her hair. I just love when every thing goes together and create a beautiful finish product at the end. For me, nothing is more satisfying than that.



But just like any other piece of art it takes a great deal of patience to make this happen. Any thing you won't put any effort into will not be worthy enough to be appreciated by others even yourself. So to start I would like to lead you to my very first point.
Make Drawing Your Passion
I cannot emphasize more on the importance of this. Because without it, you wouldn't be able to withstand the dedication and patience required on creating a great art, even developing the very skill required in making a great art. Even if you were born with this great skill and talent in the visual arts, you wouldn't succeed long if your heart is not into it. I love the quote by Tim Notke which says, "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."
Too bad to see people with great potential totally lacking the passion to succeed in their craft. If only they have dedicated even a little amount of their time every single day perfecting their skill, then it would have definitely made a huge difference compared to not doing any thing at all.
So just to start, make sure your heart is perfectly right first, because if it isn't it will show. And it will show also in the kind of work you will have in the end. If you wouldn't have the passion to consider every detail, every stroke, every shade then the final product will be one detail short and in the arena of drawing portraits and realistic faces, it will make all the difference.

How To Draw Realistic Faces For Beginners:

Where To Start?
So let's say, you already get it, you tell me my heart is there I get you, this is my passion. So where do I go now? Ok, so if you get the first point then I say you're into a right start. It's important to build the right foundations first before we can go to the higher steps. I know I wouldn't be able share every steps required in drawing a realistic face on this article due to the limitations, but everything will be useless anyway if you wouldn't get the first point. It would be like building a skyscraper, if you wouldn't have the right foundation it will fall.
Unlike any other articles that I have read regarding this topic (not to downgrade them or anything, I actually have found a lot that are really quite helpful that I suggest you might want to check them out also), I wouldn't tell you a specific step by step to-do list or specific detailed instructions to follow to produce a masterful art, (at least not yet) because I believe creating an art is much more than that, and I believe it is actually the discretion of the "artist", which is you in this case to decide which techniques will suit you better and which will help you better express yourself to help you draw a better realistic face.
So the question where to start? might not be the right question to ask but... when? And the answer is.... right now!
The Magical Steps For Beginners
I know I said I wouldn't give you a list of instructions in drawing at least not yet, we'll save it for later. But this list will be a different one, and this list's goal is to state the obvious and help you understand the importance of each one and the deeper meaning behind it to help you prepare as you go along harnessing your skill for the future.
1. Get your pencil and a paper.
Any pencil will do! and any kind of paper. For a beginner, It's not about what kind of pencil you are using or the kind of paper you are drawing into. These things will be just the tools you use. But it will be entirely dependent on you, on how to use it. So I suggest to start with whatever pencil you have first in your home and start sketching! Once you can have a feel using whatever pencil you have, then it will be easy for you to use the different kinds of pencils for shading and others in the future.
2. Select your subject and visualize it first in your mind.
Choose your subject first that interests you, the one that you would love to finish or repeat if doesn't go well. I usually go as I said with picture of celebrities in magazines that I had a crush on. LOL. but I'm serious. These will be the picture that I would be very proud once I have finished drawing them and show off in my room. Now comes the interesting part which is to visualize it in your mind, knowing you have to draw and replicate it in a piece of paper exactly the same. This is the perfect time to visualize every little details of it and seeing them in your mind in a piece of paper shortly after.
3. Now Draw.
Need I say more. No matter how you understand the word, that's where you should begin. For me, I usually start with the eye and go from there, but it would be different for every other artist, I know some who draw the silhouette of head first. But it would be entirely dependent on you. This is the time for you use your creativity and imagination.
4. Be concerned with the little details.
It's the details that counts. Pay attention to it. Every shade, every stroke copy it exactly as you see it. This is something I can't teach you, but you and yourself will have to develop which leads me to my last point.
5. Invest!
Invest your time, energy and yes even your money to be able to perfect this craft. It will take time. But as the old saying goes practice makes perfect. If at first you don't succeed try and try again. You'll be amazed at how you progress along the way.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6985746

No comments:

Post a Comment